DUTIES AND COMPOSITION OF COUNCIL
The Council of the Township of Front of Yonge is composed of five members, including the Mayor and four Councillors. All council members are elected ‘at-large’ for a four year term.
DUTIES OF MAYOR
The Mayor is responsible for carrying out the following duties when chairing a Council Meeting, as outlined in the Township of Front of Yonge’s Procedural By-law:
- to open the meeting by taking the chair and calling the meeting to order;
- to announce the business before Council in the order in which it is to be acted upon;
- to receive and submit, in the proper manner, all motions presented by Members of Council;
- to put to a vote all questions which are moved and seconded, or necessarily arise in the course of the proceedings, and to announce the result;
- to rule out of order any motions which infringe upon the rules of procedure;
- to enforce on all occasions the observance of order and decorum among the members;
- to call by name any Member persisting in breach of the rules of order of the Council thereby ordering the member to vacate the council chambers;
- to inform Council, when necessary or when referred to for the purpose, in a point of order;
- to authenticate by signature all By-laws, Resolutions, and minutes of the Council;
- to select, in consultation with the members of Council, the members of Council who are to serve on Committees;
- to represent and support the Council, declaring its will and implicitly obeying its decisions in all things
- to ensure that the decisions of Council are in conformity with the laws and by-laws governing the activities of the Council;
- to adjourn the meeting without question in the case of grave disorder arising in the Council Chambers
- to order any individual or group in attendance at the meeting to cease and desist any behaviour which disrupts the order and decorum of the meeting and to order the individual or group to vacate the Council Chambers where such behaviour persists.
DUTIES OF THE COUNCILLOR
Each Councillor is responsible for attending all Council Meetings (including regular and working sessions) and sitting on Committees.
As per By-law # 35-22, Councillors rotate the duties of Acting Mayor. In the absence of the Mayor, the Acting Mayor will fill the role and its responsibilities.
Members of Council can also be reached by contacting the Clerk.
To send correspondence to any member of council, please direct your letters to:
Township of Front of Yonge
1514 County Road, P.O. Box 130
Mallorytown, ON K0E 1R0
Mayor Roger Haley
Councillor Margaret Fancy
Councillor Carson Massey
CODE OF CONDUCT
Please click here to view the Code of Conduct adopted by Council on December 21, 2020.