Dog Control By-law

Lost and Found Dogs

If you have lost or found a dog please call the Township Office immediately. After office hours or on weekends/holidays please contact 1-844-541-3213.  This is an answering service only, please leave specific details and your called will be returned as soon as possible.

Front of Yonge Township contracts pound services to the Brockville OSPCA, 613-345-5520.  Owners of dogs that have been impounded are responsible for all impound fees, fines and if not already purchased, a dog tag before the dog will be released.


Dog Tags

2024 dog tags are now available!  Until March 31st, the cost per tag is $12.50 for spayed and neutered dogs, $20.00 for non-spayed and non-neutered dogs.   After March 31st, the price of tags will double.

Payment can be made through online banking or by mailing a cheque. Please send us your dog(s) information (name, age, colour , breed, gender, etc.) and we will mail your tag(s) to you.



No person shall operate a kennel in the Township unless he/she has obtained a license for such kennel under the provisions of the By-law #12-17. Fees for a hobby kennel are $100.00, and $150.00 for a commercial kennel.

For more information of running a kennel in Front of Yonge Township refer to the By-law for the Licensing, Regulating and Keeping of Dogs #12-17 or call the Township office at 613-923-2251.

Dogs at Large

No person shall allow a dog to run at large in the Township of Front Yonge. Any dog found running at large may be seized and/or impounded. The owner of the dog which is found to be running at large is in contravention of the By-law may be issued an Offence Notice or Summons by the Municipal By-law Officer or Dog Control Officer.


Noise and Nuisance

Every person or owner of a dog who allows waste to be deposited on private property or property of the Corporation,  without authorization from the owner, is guilty of an offence.

A dog shall be considered a public nuisance if:

  • It persistently barks, howls or there are repeated instances; or
  • It causes damage to public or private property, including injury to livestock and poultry; or
  • It interferes with or dumps or scatter garbage or trash; or
  • It persistently chases people using public or private property adjacent to the property where the dog or dogs are kept or harboured.



For residents who wish to lodge a complaint about a dog(s) running at large or being a nuisance, they may fill out a complaint form at the Township office and will be followed up the by-law enforcement officer. Please note that all complaints filed are kept confidential.