To run for municipal office, you must be nominated and qualify. To be a qualified candidate you must:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be at least 18 years old;
- reside in the Township of Front of Yonge or be the owner or tenant of land in the municipality, or the spouse of an owner or tenant of land in the municipality.
In addition to the following as stated under Section 29 (1)(b) of the Municipal Elections Act, as amended:
29 (1) Eligibility – qualified – ineligible
(b) he or she is not ineligible under this or any other Act or otherwise prohibited by law to be nominated for or to hold the office.
Requirements for Filing
Nominations will be accepted starting May 2, 2022 until 2:00 pm on August 19, 2002, and must include:
- Form 1 – Prescribed Nomination Paper
- EL52 – Consent to Release Personal Information
- EL14 – Candidates Declaration Proper Use of Voters’ List
- LC31 – Notice of Penalties
- Filing fee ($200 Mayor/$100 Councillor)
- Proof of identity